Saturday, May 2, 2009

Emailing The Locals!

Well, I sent an email to the following candidates in my area for the up and coming local elections on June 5th to find out exactly how they stand on the issue of Civil Marriage, or the lobbying for a Gay Marriage type model:
Kathleen Lynch - Labour Party
Billy Kelleher - Fianna Fail Party
Patricia Gosch - Fianna Gael Party
Joe Kavanagh - Fianna Gael Party

Noel O'Flynn - Fianna Fail Party

I also sent it to two candidates in the European Elections (just for the craic!):
Sean Kelly - Fianna Gael Party

Colm Burke - Fianna Gael Party
The email I sent is as follows:

Dear ______,

I am emailing to set up a meeting with yourself, as the topic of 'civil
marriage' means a great deal to not only me as a gay male but to my friends who
also live in the locality you represent, as do my family and other gay
males who are friends of mine. With the upcoming elections on June 1, I want
to know that those that I vote for will put forward needs that I hold close to
my heart and hope that you can hold a meeting for us. It is not just me who
wants this forum/meeting, I may have some aforementioned people with me
also who also find 'civil marriage' a core voting point. I would be pleased
with a response from you or someone from your office at your most convenient
time.

Yours Sincerely,

Evan Murphy.

I will update when I have received replies.

Until then....OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment